Tuesday 22 July 2014

After all those projects...

... it feels great but a little empty in my mind.
Big Lake Run last summer.
137,88 miles
After 45 fantastic years with running and especially the last two ones I might have come to another dimension. No, I don't mean running faster but longer instead.
Me, Elton and Staffan reaching the finish after 4 days and 205 miles of running :-)
My running technique, there has never been a major problem with the terms to run energy saving and easy. However, it becomes man's not younger, more than the mind, for every year that passes.
Over the years, I have had very few injuries, which I am extremely grateful for.
#ELS :-)
I've managed to maintain my running technique over the years, running almost never harsh intervals but then more so-called "fartlek" or hill training. In short, I put more than 90 percent on slow running. I call it the ELS running (Easy, Light and Smooth) and draws on the long slow workouts when I build up my stamina. Both physically and mentally!
Hills the natural way :-)
Yes, this is partly read in Christopher McDougall's bestseller "Born To Run". Someone has pointed this out and it's nothing I can do about. Also, I don´t do any claims either. On the contrary, I have read the book and was inspired, like many others in the world. It´s a rather good book I think.

The only thing is that when I started running about 45 years ago, my mentor mentioned just those three (four) words to me: Easy, Light and Smoth (Fast)! There is nothing I can do about it but it's just so, and I see nothing wrong in "spread" the message.
One place I like the most.
Up in the mountains :-)
Running is not only running!
Don't forget to use your eyes sometimes too.





I have no big plans for now but still I'm running of course. Well, I would have run in the woods with some friends on Saturday but they were going to run a half marathon instead. Yes, I was persuaded to set up.
As always, nowadays, you bet I am not on any time but can imagine to enjoy and help those who need a boost :-)
Me after yesterdays pretty hot run.
There came rain and thunder at home but I was saved ;-)



Always say Hello! and give a smile while out there! :-)

Easy, Light and Smooth!
/Flexirun

No comments:

Post a Comment