Saturday 10 April 2021

Take a stand

How difficult is it to take a stand? We make about 2,000 decisions, big and small, every day without even reflecting on it.
On the other hand, when we are faced with a slightly "larger" decision, one can feel a certain anxiety and worry that the decision in question will be "right". I think it's a bit strange because I always try to make my decisions on some kind of scientific basis. Sometimes it gets good and sometimes.. better!

I made a decision as a mathematician a few days ago. It must be said that it was not just a purely scientific decision, but it was about some subjective things that are thought as well. I left Facebook! Exactly why I did it has to do with a long time of thinking.

Our brain only works with one thing consumption, which means that it is almost never allowed to rest in this digital world we now live in. Only ONE generation of 100,000 generations is born with a mobile phone in hand.. So most generations have a brain that has been developed for 200,000 years to NOT multitask.

That is one of the reasons why I want to limit my digital use. I want to get my dopamine from REAL events and feel that I do not have to share them with others because then it will be more or less a compulsion to go out with my dog Malte on the runs.

I KNOW that mathematical algorithms are NOT better than human thoughts. Possibly AS good and above all FASTER at analyzing many variables at the same time but once again - NOT BETTER! I do not want to be analyzed and calculated on the Internet or at least LIMIT the whole thing as much as I can.

So I could stop using digital and social aids, you might think. I agree but start by limiting myself. I still do run but not as far or much as I use to do. I think, once as a mathematician, I have come into a new dimension in a way.
Where my own feelings are worth more than social points on FB, Twitter, Instagram etc. The real world is more than enough for me!
Take care out there and:

Keep smiling!
Keep saying HELLO to strangers!
Keep LOOKING AROUND the corners!
Keep DARE to DARE!

/Claes

No comments:

Post a Comment