Tuesday 18 June 2024

Elgon Running Club, Kenya.

 Nairobi City Marathon 24.07.07

Hello again!

Yes, as many of you may know, I have been a runner since 1969 and have always loved challenges.
Pretty early I realized that the longer the distances were the more I liked it and the better it went.

Challenges can be of various kinds and by chance I came into contact with Edwin Kibet Maluche from Elgon in Kenya. For a number of years now I have tried to help him with his running club, Elgon Running Club, and the runners he trains.

The very special thing about this club is that apart from the fact that it consists of very competent runners, Edwin also invests in ladies and para-runners (runners with certain disabilities). EVERYONE can join!

Part of Elgon Running Club.

Mt. Elgon
On the sports field.

Well, you probably already saw in the title of this post something about a marathon race in Nairobi on July 7, 2024.
Yes, Edwin will go there with some runners and I helped a little so that another 5 runners will get to go and test their ability. I know they will do their best, which is actually what is important. Do your best!

Okay, I guess that might be all for this time!

Try a little SMILE!
Try a HELLO!
Try to check AROUND CORNERS!

/Flexirun (back again)

No comments:

Post a Comment