Saturday 21 June 2014

4 days left...

... to the D-day! Well, perhaps I should say three days instead because the fourth day I will run.

St.Olavsloppet

Here's a great film of the relay as well! Pleas do check out! :-)

I'm talking about the relay between Trondheim in Norway to Östersund in Sweden. Normally the team includes about 20-30 runners running the 205 miles in four days.

It's a marvelous nature over the mountains from Norway to Sweden! The thing is I should have been running this all alone but instead I invited a very good friend of mine, Staffan Westberg, to run together with me.
My lodge up in the mountains.
One great place to do my uploads...
I have been a little bothered by a sore tendon for 3-4 months, but today it was finally good again. People have wondered if I'm worried about being injured so close to a long-running but I answered: "The start has not gone yet!"

By that I mean that the focus has not been on the injury, but how I would put up the workout instead.

I've been running a lot but not that much I normally do. Instead I did some X-trails, biking and workout at the gym instead. I also used a lot of Aloe Vera cream (Hot and Cold) and targeted stretching. Seemed to work! :-)

I have rested from all kind of exercise for four days now and this Thursday-evening I went for a great run. It was time for The Run, one could say. The run when I hope not to feel any pain at all...
I'm so pleased I didn't feel any pain!

Happy again and I believe my ELS-running helped me a lot with rehabilitation!
A normal day for Flexirun is when out running ;-)
Here in Sweden we celebrate Midsummer a lot. Well, I'm not teetotaler but I do not drink that much alcohol though. Instead, I'm probably an exercise addict! :-D
Non-alcoholic beer with a nice name!
Well, I'm full of confidence now and I really look forward to The Relay between June 25 to 28.
205 marvelous miles!

Take care and don't get stressed over some injuries. Focus on the right things instead and dare to rest!
Well, also don't forget to Smile and say Hello! Even if to Yourself ;-)

Easy, Light and Smooth!
/Flexirun

No comments:

Post a Comment