Tuesday 24 September 2013

274 days left and I got wings on my feet!

Well, once again sorry for not been writing for a while (15 days). I'm working as a teacher daytime and studying some medical genetics at evenings. But anywhere between I do... run! Alone or with my dog Elton which is a great friend.
Remember this little fellow?
Here he's about 12 and 40 years later he ran 137,88 mi in 43:57:04 h.
Until today I had two projects planted in my mind. First of all run the 208 mile relay between Trondheim (Norway) and then a 48 hour run down south in Sweden. More exactly in my old hometown: Skövde (Skoevde).

What drives a runner to run more after a 137 mile run all alone for about 44 hours. Why more? Well, don't ask me. It's something in my mind just want to do it. I have no problem mentally. I just run and enjoy every step... Think that's what #ELS is about! Enjoy and just float...
Elton
Today one of my daughters, Ingrid, called me on the phone. I had a class and couldn't answer right away. Called her up when there was a break and she was at the gym. 3,5 month ago we ran Stockholm Marathon together. Her very first marathon and I was so proud of her. I asked her what she wanted and then she told me there was a great medal after ten (!) times. Then she asked if I wanted to follow her again next year. I said: Course I will!

Then she asked if I rather would running fast, alone, this time. I said: No! It's more fun to run with You! And project number three is on! Beginning of June it will be Stockholm Marathon, June 25-28 I will run the 208 mile relay and at the end of August I will run the 48 hour ultra down in Skoevde (my hometown where I did start my "career" as a runner.

Today there was snow up in the mountain. That's ok but I think I'm longing for the next coming summer already. Depending on the nice projects that I have scheduled myself for :-)
A sweet cloud-berry up in the mountains.
Where I use to run when summer :-)
 
About a week after The Run.
Smiling even more then ever :-)
Left, right, left, right... On and on and on...

Me and my mental coach Anders Stävhag.
Well, still smiling! :-)


Alone but so happy!
Thank's all that people who did follow me live and through Internet.
Saturday two days ago some really good friends from my hometown came visiting me and wanted to go out in the mountains with me as there guide. Of course, I put up and showed them this part of Sweden. The days before it was rainy and also the day after! Crazy luck with the weather I must say :-)

Here, and perhaps all over the world, it's very popular to run up in the mountains. Guess it's not only about the hard physics that it takes. It's also about the mental part. It's very beautiful up there...
Great landscape! Nice runnings!
Well, when running in my yellow shirt and black tights people identify me from The Run and want to talk about it, say hello and smile to me. Sometimes even people in cars honking at me and waving.
So fun and perhaps also what I wanted all the time. Friendly people! The running really has helped me with that I think.

Never forget to say hello and smile when out running! It really can do miracles :-)

Easy, Light and Smooth! #ELS
/Flexirun

No comments:

Post a Comment