Tuesday 17 March 2015

Running for me..

.. so much more than "right, left, right ..".

There is so much more that is much more important than pressing times and lengths. Lot of people forget all the wonderful encounters one can experience with animals, nature and other people out there.

Being able to give a smile or/and a Hello! and get the same in return is worth more than all records, gold and money available.


Being able to run on a mountain in the midnight sun and see the views of the countryside is absolutely priceless.

Being able to run a cold, frozen, sparkling and wonderful winter evening and see, and hear, the amazing northern lights can not be described but must be experienced.


Really! It is those smiles, Hellos! and questions I got from those encountered when I'm out running. They all give me inspiration to keep on running and never stop. I mean, I´ve been running for 46 years now. Why should I stop?

Yes, sometimes when I run longer distances I sooner or later come into the really tough periods.
But even then you have to come to terms with the pain. Not only the physical feeling in your legs, but also the mental in the head.

It always turns and suddenly it's good again, and you can run almost as usual agin. Strange but probably a proof that if you run Easy, Light and Smooth the charge it is not the same on either body or soul.

Yes, it comes to finding the method that works. It is usually an individual so therefore I try never convince or argue against those who think differently :-)

Well, the movement is on and 2 years ago I ran 137,88 miles in 42h and last summer me and a friend of mine ran a 4-day relay of 205 miles. This summer I will do another race. This time it's a competition but I don't mind about that. I will run my 48h just for fun.

Think it's cool to run without any medal, no money and.. no nothing! ;-)

Please take care out there. Try a smile and a Hello! and You will be surprised!

Easy, Light and Smooth!
/Flexirun

No comments:

Post a Comment