Sunday 19 April 2015

6h-run April 18th 2015

Yesterday I did something quite unusual for me nowadays. I ran a contest!
It was a so-called ultra race and I would run a course at 2553 m for 6 hours around a lake.
Me (left) and a very good friend soon hitting the 60K mark :-)
May not sound as exciting for the uninitiated but then I can say that the run, the purely physical side, is a side issue in this context. Seeing the joy and pepping between runners/spectators and runners/runners can not be described. It just needs to be experienced.

That some run 4 laps and 27 plays like no larger role. Everyone is happy with just his performance. It's something that really could / should be applied in real life. To be satisfied with what you are doing. The important thing is to try and do their best!
Me and Elton on the day after the 6h-run.
Felt fine so we did a slow 6 km ELS-run together :-)
I did 61048 meters in 6 hours and I'm happy about that. But what I'm most happy about right now is that the muscles in my legs feel quite ok!
Therefore, I went out with Elton for a ride in the forest. It was 6 km #ELS and no bears though they apparently should have woken up after winter sleep now;-)

Elton who loves the Life!
And snow.. :-)
Checking out the quarry in the forest!
Elk and deer usually found here. Once I saw even a heron springtime!
 As most may know, I  never run intervals. Possibly a little "fartlek" and long slopes occasionally to raise my lactate threshold. There are a number of reasons why I am running after the motto "Easy, Light and Smooth." The most important are listed below:

  1. I'm never injured.
  2. I achieved a great stamina and high lactate threshold.
  3. I have time to talk and cheer on others when I'm out running. Thus a social piece which is a cornerstone of the genus Homo sapiens.

Yeah, right! There is another word besides "Easy, Light and Smooth". A fourth word actually arises from the other. Namely "Fast"! With a high stamina you can also run relatively quickly.

However, it should be added that wants to be really fast so you are forced to Abade train in race speed and run intervals!
But then, at the risk of injuries because many runners increase their workouts faster than the joints, ligaments and tendons can adapt.

Well, here we go again! Please try a little smile and a Hello to the ones out there! :-)

Easy, Light and Smooth!
/Flexirun

No comments:

Post a Comment