Tuesday 14 May 2019

HELPFULNESS


Once again a really nice evening at you! I will write a little about "helpfulness" a little further down in the post for those who might be able to get there ..
Me on one of my runs :-)
I have sometimes resembled my feeling at a tree without leaves. I have always known that spring will come. It has done it four times now and finally it is all that it should again.

It is not true for me not to chop, bite and stick as well. I just wanna do what I love so much. I just can't quit simply!

The only thing missing is well .. the fitness that you once had. But I usually think like this. I'm almost 58 years old and have run 50 of them.
It doesn't go as fast or far BUT it goes and also gets more fun and fun. What more could you ask for?
"Nike Claes" ;-)
After the day's run of about 10 km with Malte up in the forest, which was absolutely wonderful, it turned out that I had received a message right from Kenya.
Edwin, James, Samuel and Rodgers with their new shoes.
The sign really me me happy!
Edwin Kibet Maluche who is the trainer for the runners in Elgon Running Club had written and sent pictures of the new shoes that Rodgers and his companion James and Samuel had received after some help from my side.
Since Rodgers decided that he MUST hit the world record on the marathon, I thought he must have new running shoes and then his companion James must have a pair. Then I thought that even Samuel who will represent Kenya in the East African championships should also have a couple of new well-seated shoes.
I arranged a little and fixed some. Think less, do more was the motto.
(Left): James, Samuel and Rodgers with new shoes. (Right) Jams and Rodgers with that sign.

Yes, so it was that with the word of the week. The word is "Helpfulness".
The American author and philosopher Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882) is said to have claimed:

"One of the most beautiful pleasures the life gives is that it is actually impossible to help someone else while at the same time helping oneself."

Helpfulness is to make meaningful things for others, things that make a difference for them, in both big and small.
It is time to be thoughtful and think about what people really need and help them in a respectful way. It is usually easier to provide help than to receive and it takes courage to ask for help when we need it.
My lovely running pal Malte (Flatcoated Retriever).
So, help the week be a great week!

Dare to laugh!
Dare to say hello! to strangers!
Dare peek around the corner!
Dare to be helpful!

Easy, Light and Smooth!
/Flexirun

No comments:

Post a Comment