Thursday 21 November 2013

216 days left to the St.Olav´s relay...

... and yesterday I was with my wife and dogs (Adam and Elton) to our lodge up in the mountains. On the news they said last Friday that it was storm coming up in the mountains. Well, we had to go anyway to fix for the winter. Firewood, water, etc. must be done anyway. It was a bit cloudy Saturday morning but the sun was coming more and more along the trip.
Elton to the left and Adam to the right :-)
Normally we have snow right now but instead there is about 50F (10°C)!? Well, world is upside down I think. It is also likely that this is why we have some extreme storms, hurricanes and typhoons around the world... Wind is partly due to pressure and temperature changes, and to some extent are humans the cause of it. Well, we didn't have that extreme winds around our place. More problems up north and in the mountains (we live down in a valley). One can get feelings one is very little in universe, or on earth, when Mother Nature is a little bad :-)
Some reindeers on the road :-)
We have a lot of reindeer in the area and the problem is that they like to be on the roads. Accident happens but not very often fortunately. I like them because of their properties to survive in very hard conditions. Like Flexirun... ;-)
Well, wasn't sure if I should publish this.
Frozen moose-shit!
Couple of hour old just behind the lodge...
;-)
When up in the mountains, after my runnings, I love to take a great sauna. I heat it up on wood which is so great and almost like yoga for the soul. Down below you can see the nice view I got when take a bath. Yes, I'm a lucky guy! :-)
The sauna that me and some friend helped me to build.
The great backyard of the lodge. Just forrest and wilderness. Sometimes you'll see a moose or some deers sneaking around.
The backyard.
Elton and me did a so called Moon-run because the sunset was already done... Well, at least we did one turn up on the mountain behind the lodge. About 1,5 miles straight up ;-) Magic in the moon-light I'll say! No, Elton did not begin to howl! There is moose, reindeer, deer, bear, wolf and lynx around... Well, no I'm not afraid when out there but instead I have a great respect for nature and what's in there. The most scary is... humans! Never forget that, but at the same time humans are awesome :-)

Well, friends! Don't forget to take the chance to say Hello and Smile a little when out running. Make someones day! :-)

Easy, Light and Smooth!
/Flexirun

No comments:

Post a Comment