Tuesday 4 October 2016

Eight months of a world that was completely upside down!

Hello friends out there!
What can I say? I´m back! I´m back running and writing again after eight horrible month of sickness.

Me at the hospital in January 2016 with kiddneystones and bloodinfection.
Well, I still could smile!
It all started with a dull ache in the peritoneum, about one and a half month before Christmas in 2015, which continued with a pain like a knife in my left side Friday, January 8, 2016 at nine o'clock in the evening.

It proved to be a renal stone stuck in the mouth of the urethra. Urine had a longer leaked directly into the bloodstream, causing a blood infection. 13 days in the emergency room and then 10 days' sick leave.
When I got home, I took a walk with my dog Elton. 400 meters and a heart rate of 160 beats! I was completely exhausted and had not really understood how bad the infection was.

My daughters would run Stockholm Marathon June 4, 2016, and Julia her first race. We were notified, and I think that was a big part of my recovery to have this goal. I would just stand on the start line but I had absolutely no pressure on me, which was quite important for me.

 Me running Stockholm Marathon With both my daughters. Julia for the first time together with her boyfriend Gustav. Ingrid did her 4th time in Stockholm.

Here we are at the Olympic Stadium from 1912 in Stockholm.
Everyone proud and smiling like the sunshine :-)
At the starting line Julia asked me if it was possible to run below 4h and 20 min. I said: Let´s try!

We did it in 4:19:38

What doctors, and most of all other, said: "Is it wise? Will You make it?". Well, with a good feeling of my body and a lot of wise exercise (25 runnings in May!) I just can say:

I did it! and It was worth it!

About eight months later I´m running again.
Life is GOOD!
Just after this picture was taken I saw a big moose that seemed to be a bit nervous.
The day after I saw why. A bear was around this area..
A view from the river Ljusnan.
Sometime there use to be bears around here trying to catch some fish ;-)
Elton!
My lovely dog that has been with me on a lot of runs.
Another nice view from the mountains.
A perfect place for recreation.
My paradise up in the mountains where I do some of my runs..
Dare to live the life! Dare to smile! Dare to say Hi! to a stranger!

Easy, Light and Smooth! #ELS
/Flexirun

No comments:

Post a Comment