Monday 20 May 2013

71-61 days left...

... and this time I will write for several days instead, depending on a vacation up in the mountains in the landscape/county of Härjedalen. There is a very bad connection to Internet there even if it works a bit with the mobile.

I decided not to write on the blog during the leave without going to do it in peace and quiet when I was back to civilistationen again. Well, let's go!
This is where I've been for 4 days. Yes, like yoga...

71 days left (Thursday)
Today I said to myself there's much more in this life that's worse than a injured calf. Probably I'm right... I also told myself really to do everything I can to be fit for fight for Stockholm Marathon with my daughter Ingrid. Well, It's not the marathon that's important for me. Number one priority is not my own 140 mile run. It's the run with Ingrid!

Today me, my wife and our dogs went to our cottage in the mountains. I will not run, but instead rest and rake the lawn, sauna and relax. Internet is bad and I will not blog for  four days. Perhaps on Sunday when coming home. Yes, we have four days vacation now! A couple of friends was passing by and stopped for some coffee which really was nice and fun. Surprises are fun! :-)
Here's the nice place up in the mountains. Good for people and the dogs can go free!

70 days left (Friday)
Calf is much better and I don't feel anything at all. Perhaps just a little stiffness... Today I will fix in the garden and putting up bird feeders to the black-and-white flycatchers (a small and funny little bird). I also walked the dogs today and think that was great exercise for calf. Weather was perfect! No clouds and blue sky! Life is good...

When running a lot it seems good to take a little longer rest sometimes. Both physically for the body and mentally for the brain! Mother Nature is probably the best medicine for that :-)
Black-and-white flycatcher
Went to the small city Sveg to buy some food etc.
No, the brown bear is not bigger than the American Grizzly... ;-)

69 days left (Saturday)
A little bit more chilly today but very nice anyway. Yesterday I was taking a sauna after a days work on the property. I've build it myself with help from a couple of friends. It's a wood-fired heater and like yoga for both body and soul!
The dressingroom is half the sauna.
Inside the sauna with the cozy wood-fired heater
in which you can boil 24 l water :-)

The view from the sauna-window. Cloudy today but normally you'll see mountains :-)

68 days left (Sunday)

Well, this day was the last day of our vacation. It’s been great and the house is now fixed for summer. I didn’t feel any pain in my right calf at all. So when coming home I decided to take a short run with Elton just for a test. When running just about 10 steps I felt pain and for a short time I was a bit anxious about the start in Stockholm Marathon with my daughter Ingrid. ”What to do now?”



67 days left (Monday)
Rest! No run and as said before I'm a bit anxious.

66 days left (Tuesday)
Rest! No run this day either but much better though!

65 days left (Wednesday)
Out running and calf was quite allright after the 3,87 mile run. Just a little stiffness. Hope is back!
Happy and full of confidence again!

64 days left (Thursday)
Best is to start slowly and really listen to the body. Rest again but ok in calf...

63 days left (Friday)
Rest! Lot to do at work and then fixing with the trip to Åre and the apartment there.
A great place in Åre.

62 days left (Saturday)
I'm in our apartment in Åre, the great ski-resort here in Sweden. Very good run with Ingrid in Åre. It feels just great and I'm so happy :-)

First Ingrid and I ran from the apartment to Åre.
Weather was great!

After the 5,87 mile run we did some nice hill-run!
It really is nice to feel free :-)

61 days left (Sunday)
Back home and still nice weather but some things to do at home so no run. Perhaps good because the run in Åre was tough ;-)

In Åre we met a lot of people to say Hello and Smile to. Nice!

Easy, Light and Smooth! (#ELS)
/Flexirun


No comments:

Post a Comment