Tuesday 7 May 2013

73 days left...

... to The Run and I still have to take it easy. Can't run with my calf injured like this so all I can do is walk and... wait. I rub the calf with Aloe Vera about 3 times a day so it does not directly hurt but it is as stiff. Well, patience is the key to success and I soon have run 592 miles (!) since I started my special training for The Run, about 9-10 months ago. What I mean is, there is no problem to rest from running for a while. Perhaps I loosing some speed but it doesn't matter that much for me because I will not run fast anyway :-)

Well, as a teacher I'm of duty summertime (yes it's nice) and then I will write down everything like: Where/when to eat and drink, what stuff I will bring in the following car, how the crew will act when I'm tired etc.

All logistics must be worked through and written down so my run will be as Easy, Light and Smooth as possible for me and my crew. When people ask me about my running they don't really understand how much there is to think of when running 140 miles like this.
Well it's ok cause I normally tell them: "Ha, ha! Well, I'm only gonna do the running! It's my crew that's working...".

Although I'm a bit damaged in one of my calves I still have the same plannings in my head. I will not change anything.

Take care out there and keep on doing the hello and smile to all you meet! Don't ever give up!!

I admit, I'm longing for my runs when injured... :-)

Easy, Light and Smooth!
/Flexirun

No comments:

Post a Comment