Wednesday 1 May 2013

79 days left...

... and today did a run up in the woods here. A little X-trail running is a fun thing to do when I mostly run on roads. Elton, my dog, also like the woods. Unfortunately, I felt a little pain in my right calf muscle but not like last time when it was much more painful. Well, I have to take it easy for a while and I'm not worried about it though :-)

Well, just now I watched TV about two guys who wanted to walk to the North pole dragging kayaks! It was not only the physical about it that interested me. No, it was more about their philosophy! The philosophy they had built on these three things:

  1. The most important was the trail, not the finish line!
  2. Second was to come home in one piece!
  3. In third place ... the target!
Some people might think: Why isn't the target on the first place? Well, for me it depend on how big the love is to what I'm doing. The more you love it the more insignificant is really the goal. But of course it's always fun to also reach the finish line. The most important thing is to try and take the first step.The journey is everything... Like #ELS

Now some pictures from todays run with Elton on the trails up in the forests around here :-)

Elton and I preparing for todays run up in the forrest.
First run with shorter tights this year! :-)
I'm using Icebug Acceleritas2.

Elton checks the trail out!
There was not dry all the time but... Who cares!
ELTON COME ON!!
Dirty dogs and runners are happy dogs and runners!
Well, some cold snow is great!
Today the first mile took about 22 min depending on a stop to speak with a friend... Fun!

Well, no people up in the forrest to say hello and smile to but instead a lot of DIRT! :-)

Easy, Light and Smooth!
/Flexirun

No comments:

Post a Comment