Thursday 27 June 2013

24-22 days left...

... and it really feels good both mentally and in my body now. I have been gone for 2 days to run this big relay called St.Olavsloppet between Östersund in Sweden and Trondheim. 330 km in 4 days.
All kind of runners are involved. Elite to kids and all are doing great! It's not only about running cause lot of things happens beside the race too and afterwards we eat, drink and play games, just chill and meet other teams to chat with. Great fun and I think that's what races like this are all about. Community!
Running..
...meetings...
...community!
24 days left:
No run today because I will do some extra discharge when run the next two coming days. First day I will run 7,21 miles but rather flat. Well, som hills but not like day two when I will run 5,16 miles and 2 of them hilly. Well, I haven't been doing almost any intervalls. 99% #ELS-running (Easy, Light and Smooth). We'll see how it will works tomorrow. Remember, I'm 52 years in 2 days ;-)
Hope for about 6:45-7:00 min/mile... :-)
Breakfast 6am... On the way!
The teams BIB-number.
23 days left:
Well, friends! It's time to go to town and be a part of the big relay St.Olavsloppet. Going to be so fun! The team consists of me and two other teachers from the school I work on and then pupils that was graduated a couple of weeks ago. Talk about a nice reunion they do together :-) Great youth!

Today I did my 7:21 miler and it went ok! So fun to run with a little speed again. I did it in 50:23h and felt rather ok. Went out the first 2 km under 6:24 min/mile! So I got just a little stiff in my legs but instead I felt, depending on no intervalls, that I didn't get that much oxygen my muscles needed. Well, I was satisfied with the run though and lot of people was cheering at me and som e wondered if it was to short... ;-)
One guy was running barefooted. 10K in about 42 min.
Great done Mr! :-)

Left: Changing runners! and to the right: a tired runner. Great done! :-)

The cheering was good and very inspiring!
Everyone did great! Doesn't matter how fast you might run!
24 days left:
When wake up this morning I felt absolutely great in my legs and perhaps I could do an even better run today. It was going to be a shorter run but much harder hills instead. Well, when started the first mile was in 6:03 min! Crazy but I didn't feel anything in my legs so I just kept running. After 2 miles there was another 2 miles up in the hills and I had to slow down about 30-40 sec/mile which was good cause  the last 2 miles was down-hill and I went about 15-20 sec faster again. I hit the finish-line in 35:30 min and was quite proud about that because I haven't been doing any so called quality-runs (intervalls/tempos). ELS-running seems to work alright for me!
The great 5-star hotel!
We were 18 people and one also can keep a fire in there. Cozy! :-)

For those two days I was talking some with friends and other runners about The Run and all said it was crazy but cool! Lot of Smiles and Hellos during those two days! :-) Running probably could save this world ;-)

Easy, Light and Smooth also gives Speed!
/Flexirun

No comments:

Post a Comment