Wednesday 30 January 2013

169 days left...

... and I have been working at home all day with gradings math from 07:00 to 15:00! Well, it's done now and I was thinking of a nice running this evening. My son came home from work and asked if we should go down to the XC-trail after dinner... I said, with my evening run in my head: Course we can!

We went XC-Skiing and decided to ski two times together each week. It's fun to do the training together and it's also a very good complement to my running. It's also a kind of motivating for my running to do something else but... just running. Really inspiring I must say :-)

The bad weather has not come yet so today it was very nice, just about 28°F and a clear sky. It's nice skiing in the dark with just the XC-trail lamps on! Will take a picture tomorrow so you'll see what I mean :-)

I feel very good in my legs and the cold is gone to 99%. Just a little cough left and not so much to think of if I'm not do very hard exercise, which I don't do yet. I think that after my 35 mile weeks for about 20 weeks now my body and legs feels very good. I'm not surprised if my body will respond positive to more training in perhaps 4-6 weeks. The ground-exercise has gone very good this far and I'm more then excited to begin a little longer runnings. About 3-4 hour runnings will do a lot to both my physic and perhaps even more to my psyche. A lot of long distance movement (running, skiing, rowing etc) is not just about the physic. I think your mind, if positive when your tired, can do a lot! Don't know scientifically in percent but... it's a lot!

Soon, when do my training for The Run, I will write a little more about my training and how I think about it and perhaps why I do my exercise in the particular way I do it. Perhaps interesting for runners who are interested in: Training for a 140 mile run! How..?

The late morning walk!
A proud Elton to the left and Adam to the right!

 When coming home with dogs the weather was really nice at our backyard!

 The road  where I use to start my runnings.
Today 4'' of snow after the night... :-)

Smile and run is like a runners high. Try it! :-)

Easy, Light and Smooth!
/Flexirun

No comments:

Post a Comment