Thursday 3 January 2013

196 days left...

... and todays first exercise was XC-ski with my son. Nice but but when skiing you don't use same muscles as when running. The really complement each other but running after you have done skiing it can feel very strange in your legs though. Today my legs felt like rubber and I really have to focus and fight a lot when running with my daughter. Well, tomorrow it probably will feel good again and I will do my running first instead.

The temperature was about 28-20F so it was all right both for skiing and running. Well, as I said skiing is a good complement to running and you have to use all muscles in your body. Cycling, summertime, is then a nice complement to running. Kind of active rest.

Think I've mentioned it but I'm not sure. I work as a teacher in math and science therefor I sometimes have good time for my running. Like now during the X-mas time. About two weeks of from duty and I can run and ski a lot :-) It's even better when it's summer holiday and I can run for 10 weeks. Well, that's also why I will do  The 140 mile Run summertime.

My first marathon medal ever. I was 36 years old and I did 3:33:39.
(PR is 3:12:25)
Stockholm marathon was elected the most beautiful race in the world once!

I think I'm not to old for running sub 3h once in my life. If I continue with my about 35 miles per week I will have a nice endurance to fix it. Just put in some quality runnings. Well, the future got the answer... ;-)

As always hope you don't forgot how to smile!

Easy, Light & Smooth!
/Flexirun

2 comments:

  1. I used to teach high school also. Enjoy your vacation time and time to ski with your daughter. And the race timing makes perfect sense, too.

    Yes. You should for that sub 3 goal!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Raina! Nice to have some comments :-) I like working with people and inspiring them in schoolwork is like when inspiring runners a little. Well, thank's for pushing me to a sub 3 in marathon. Think it's not a problem to set up the goal and then do the best I can. How far I reach is another thing. I'll do my best! :-)

      Delete