Tuesday 1 January 2013

198 days left...

... and finally me and Elton did take a rest from running. Well, we have not been running more than 6 days in arrow but the conditions like snow, wind, rain (!) etc has been quite tough. Also we did 46,66 miles in 8 days. Doesn't seems so much but it was no Easy, Light and Smooth running.

The feeling is absolutely alright in my body. My legs feels very good an full of strength :-) I have had some small things though. Like a little hurt in my back. Well, nothing really bad. Sometimes there can be pinched nerves but the best thing to do then is take it easy and some massage with my favorite salve called Hot`n´Cold, It's from the herb Aloe Vera.
I really like it since I had problems for about 2,5 years with one of my achilles tendon. In the beginning I couldn't run for more than a couple of 100 yards and then it hurt like... At the end of the 2,5 years I could run about 10 miles and then it hurt so much I had to rest for several days! My doctor told me to do some training and acupuncture to heal. Well, nothing helped so at last he wanted to give me some cortisone. I refused that because I'm not a intercessor of such things. I more like natural herbs, like the Aloe Vera for example.

I must also say I have been spared from injuries almost all through my years of running (knock on wood...). I mean since 1969 there almost only have been that problem with my achilles tendon I just wrote about.

On Twitter I wrote I don't do any New Year promises. I think this blog or my running diary is enough and a kind of working promise you could say.

Tomorrow me and Elton will go out there and run some miles again and of course I will write about it here. One thought I have sometimes is this: What I'm I going to do after 200 days from now? Perhaps a pleasant thought... We'll see about that in the future. Not now.

The sun that never goes down! Well, last summer at Nordkapp,
the most north point in the world (Norway)
where I was with some biker (MC) friends.

As usual, always try to find something You might laugh at... Even if it feels a little heavy sometime.

Easy, Light & Smooth!
/Flexirun

No comments:

Post a Comment