Saturday 16 March 2013

125 days left..

... and today I woke up 06:00, well the dogs wake me up as usual, and I was full of inspire and exaltation cause this day I was increasing my running a little. After dogs received food and I "morning-walked" them I made som blueberry-soup for my run later. About 07:30 I was ready to run and did a warmup running for about 7 miles. Passed by my home and went in for my soup to bring with me and went out for more running. After 13.57 miles I was back home to my wife and dogs again. Felt really good in both legs and head! Nice feeling!!

I ate and drank some, changed clothing just to walk the dogs with my wife for 3 miles in a fantastic weather. Sunny, blue sky and not so cold either :-) When coming home we ate a smoothie made of vanilla yoghurt, blueberry and raspberries. Very good! Some solid food and then me and Elton went out for run number two! This second run was 9.17 miles. Well, this is a good training to start with and totally I did a run for 22.74 miles. I felt nothing at all in my legs after my runs so I think it's ok then... Two or three runnings per day and rest between. What one then will do is to minimize the rest slowly. Everything to learn my body how I want it to work and also how to be able to run 140 miles...

The training, as you might understand now, is not only to run to fix The Run. I also must let the body follow me on the trip. Not only my brain and will! The body is slower than the brain so I have to do smart exercises.

Not my house but it was a great sunset 17:50

Well, I guess there is as many running program as there is runners. Try to find how your personal training should be. Use all the experience you got from friends, runners and Internet for example. Try things out and see what happens. One thing is for sure though (I think)! The body and your brain must synchronize each other to optimize the running. I use to say to friends when the ask me how they should do when running.

My most important advice is: Run regularly, run easy, run light and run smooth!

You will get the feeling when to increase, or decrease, your training. You will learn how to listen to your body... You can't fool it. If sick just lay down and relax. Maybe one of the most important advice if not wanna be injured.

There was a lot of people out to say Hello and Smile to today. Even dogs and a couple of deers too!
Yes, they all smiled back. Dogs with their tails but the deers... I don't know :-)

Easy, Light and Smooth have a side-effect... SPEED!
/Flexirun

No comments:

Post a Comment