Friday 8 March 2013

133 days left...

... and today was a nice day. Running in the morning, walk the dogs and just sit in the sun drinking coffee. Now it's evening and we're just take it Easy, Light and Smooth.

Today I went up wit my dogs, as I always do 06:00, and gave then breakfast. Walked them a mile or so and then changed to running clothes. I ate oat meal and a couple of sandwiches and finished it up with a small cup of coffee. When my mom was awake I went for a run all alone this time. Elton stayed at home this time cause I was going to run a little faster than usual. Well, fast, it wasn't that fast but faster than the about 9:40 min/mile I'm trying to perform in The Run. Sometimes it's good to run just a little faster so it's going to be easier later, to hold the pace that's your goal.

Soon I will increase my runnings with a little longer runs. Perhaps 4-4:30 hours and then reload with food and energy just to start run again for about 1-2 hours. Everything to imitate how to run The Run of  140 miles. Load with energy as food and drinks, run, load, run and load again... My body must not only be used to the running but also the food and drinks. It's not just to run. Guess that's the easy part ;-)

On todays run the sun was shining and I have to wear sunglasses to protect my eyes. When snow the sunrays will reflect in the snow. Like in water! If being without the glasses you might get snowblind... Not fun! I ran in a average speed of 8:26 min/mile. A little to fast but it felt good! If anyone wonder what I did at 4.30 mile I met som people who wanted to chat a little :-) And at 6.45 miles I did take a picture of the perfect day! I also tested my new shoes today and they was great!!

It was the black ones I ran in today. Very nice shoes and ultra light.

The run today was on roads like this :-)

Today there was some Hellos and Smiles to a couple of humans... and one dog!

Easy, Light and Smooth!
/Flexirun

No comments:

Post a Comment