Thursday 7 March 2013

134 days left...

... and it was a perfect weather for som XC-skiing with my mom and son. As said before I'm not running to much this week depending on my moms visit, which is most important.

To feel good when running the mental part is quite important. If not the mental and physics is in balance you might feel a little stressed while running. I'm a runner who want my runnings to be a nice and a total experience (yes, I'm a little crazy..). Otherwise the exercise might break down instead of build up. At least this is one thing about my running I believe in! It must feel right and also be fun!

If the feeling is there then one can set up goals. Small or great ones! Small and great is very personal when it comes to the meaning. A small goal for one person can be a huge one for another!

I haven't been writing so much about The Run, my 140 mile run around the lake Storsjön, 18-20th of July. Well, there is course a lot of things going around in my mind.
Some days there are thoughts coming up like: Claes! What have you done? Are you really sure about this? And sometimes: How cool! What a great journey it will be!
When those thoughts are coming I always say to my self: It's going to be GREAT! Don't care about what others say or think of you! It's your run, not their's!

About my running, or how I implements each exercise, is interesting in many ways. First of all it's not about a very fast race. It's more of endurance and to have a body that's able to absorb energy not only in liquid but also solid food. My body will need about 2800 kcal ever 4th hour. Perhaps more! It's also important to have in mind The Run will take about 24-36 hours...

One more thing I've got in mind that's positive for me: I've got no big sponsors which means I've got no "Quid Pro Quo! (no service in return). This is one of my first thoughts when decided to do my run. I just don't want to let some returns to companies spoil the fun of the run!

Today we met a lot of people when XC-skiing to say hello and smile to. Some nice chats to! :-)

My son "skating" in i perfect XC-ski day.

Easy, Light and Smooth!
/Flexirun

No comments:

Post a Comment