Saturday 23 February 2013

146 days left...

... and today I did a little longer run with Elton, the dog, who follows me a lot. Running with a dog normally is a little special. Depending on type of dog and age of the dog. It depends how far you can run. Homo Sapiens is perhaps the type of land life with the most endurance so when running with my dogs, they determine the run.

The only thing I have planned is, at least, my 31-37 miles per week. It will be increased, a lot, don't worry about that :-)

Eight month ago I was frustrated about my running. I have done a lot of crazy things in my life. Probably to get kicks or fuel injections of endorphines! I normally is Easy,Light and Smooth in my personality but it is something laying there far away in my head saying to me: Do it, try it! You only live once Claes! That and to inspire other people is also giving me so called kicks.

The 12,85 miles today felt almost nothing in my body and legs. Depending a bit on Elton but that's absolutely fine with me. He is amazing to have as a running friend. The feeling to know you kan run much faster is great. It's not so much of really run fast! For me, just to know I can gives me the motivation not to stop running. When the snow is gone I will show myself, ond perhaps others, that running slow and far, like I'm doing, is one way of running that not only give you a lot of endurance but also speed!

Today I brought blueberry soup when running. Blueberries are full of antioxidants which help to protect the body's cells by reducing the formation of free radicals. You might pic the berries yourself and make the soup, but you also can buy it in stores. It's a lot of sugar in blueberries (glucose and fructose) so it's full of energy. Sometimes I put some salt in the soup to compensate for my dehydration. When running a little longer I also use to bring sandwiches. Only the soup then is not enough!

I will compose some prescriptions over soup, energy bars and some nice smoothies. Try to fix it in tomorrows blog. OK!

In the middle... 3-4 deers :-)

Today me and Elton met som people! Now they said hello and smiled to us! :-D

Easy, Light and Smooth.... well, and Fast!
/Elton

2 comments:

  1. Just here looking for the soup recipe :)
    I agree. Running fast is not necessary always. Enjoy the runs with Elton!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for checking out! Will put some recipes in on my blueberry soup and energi bars today then :-)
    /Claes

    ReplyDelete