Tuesday 19 February 2013

150 days left...

... and Elton and me ran a quite slow 6,3 miler this evening. It's not very cold here now but still snow though. It's hard to run very fast even if you use so called Ice bugs. Running shoes with spikes... Well, for me it doesn't matter that much. I'm not heading for any low times. At least not yet ;-) I sometimes do my runnings a little faster just for fun and get surprised of the endurance and strength I've got inside me :-)

I've now been running about 30-40 miles every week for 7 months and my body really answer good to the exercise/runnings. I feel strong both physically and mentally. That's usually the signal to increase the load in my runnings. Muscles have a kind of memory one can say. Therefore it's important to "fool around" with the body a little so you don't just run in the same mode and pace every time. If something happens when you run, or compete, the body just wouldn't do as told.

I know I've got the spirit, technique and body to run. I also believe in being open minded to myself and others. I have a wonderful family who support me just being there. Even my dogs support me :-) All those things are important to, perhaps not to succeed in running, but it helps. It's more important for the body to run than not run. It's more important to run a little shorter runs very often than run not very often very long runs. I do run very often (dogs) and also some long runs but not to often. The body must get a chance to recover and grow for the next run.

Well, a lot of words but I do hope some of it will go straight to someones heart...

The Run will go around this lake...
I really long for the snow to melt away so I can run 100% Easy, Light and Smooth again!

 Elton, who almost have run as long as me this 7 month.
He's a 30 miler per week! :-)

Today Elton and I said hello to 5 persons and 6 dogs. The humans did smile and the dogs used their tails to show it!

Easy, Light, Smooth... and Fast!
/Flexirun

No comments:

Post a Comment