Sunday 3 February 2013

166 days left...

... and I had a little active rest today. Walked the dogs and did a run with Elton 2,3 miles in a slow pace. In the evening me and my son went for about 3 miles XC-skiing. Forgot the iPhone so there was no pics taken. Sorry! Well, there will be more time for XC-skiing and opportunities for nice pics.

Me after XC-skiing.
It's a nice sport in wich one uses all the muscles :-)

Another week starts tomorrow and it's easy the training follow rules that can be boring with similar weeks of exercise. One thing to do then is doing other kind of sports. XC-skiing, bicycling etc. At least I get more motivated to do my 31-37 miles of running per week when sometimes doing other types of exercises.

People sometimes ask me if my runs of 31-37 miles per week really is enough when this summer I'm going to run 140 miles. Well, the question really is justified I think but the body (my experience) is that it takes a long time to accustom, or harden, the body both physical and mentally. One can't do it over a night! I must harden the body slowly and now, after  4 month (July-Oct) I did about 110 miles per month and about 150 miles per month between Nov 2012 to Jan 2013. My 37 miles per week now feels just great and I guess my body really is getting used to the effort. Time to increase a little!

Well, you know it by now. Say: Hello! and also Smile to someone when your out running. It's a so called win-win concept...

Easy Light & Smooth!
/Flexirun

No comments:

Post a Comment