Tuesday 5 February 2013

164 days left...

... and todays run was really nice. After active rest (slow run with Elton and som XC-skiing with my son) two days ago and total rest yesterday did the trick! After almost a week (58 mi) with more or less stiff legs but ok in the rest of my body I took two days off from running. The legs wake up from the dead and me, Elton and Adam (second dog) flew as gazelles in the snow. Well, there aren't no gazelles around here but deers and reindeers though :-)

It felt really good today and it was a very easy run even if we run 8,22 miles in 1h, 40min (!). Yes, I got som friends wondering what I was doing out there. Walking?! ;-) No, when running I ran as usual, 8-9 min/mile but we meet a lot of people out there on the roads today who stopped us for some run-chat. It's ok for now I think! What I miss in running I got back in inspiration. I will be alone with my son and the dogs from Thursday to Sunday which means: Training Camp Flexirun!! ;-)

I do have a small plan of running between 06-12 am at saturday. That means 6 hours of running and the goal is about 37,3 miles (60K). Will bring both blueberry-soup and some food. Perhaps a creditcard too... Just in case! This means I will run a ordinary weeks total in 6 hours. The mantra Easy, Light & Smooth will be tested for real now. I feel great and I'm ready for it!

Me, the trail and my thoughts...
37 mi you just wait!

Todays run was full of people and dogs. Lot of hello and smiles :-)

Easy, Light & Smooth!
Flexirun

4 comments:

  1. Wow. You are already up to 37 miles? That's fantastic! What do you plan to peak at for a training run? That is a long time to be running. Keep warm friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Raina! How fun with comments! Well, my goal is to run for 6 hour this Saturday and I will bring both blueberrysoup and bread with me. I will also bring some energybars I guess. Thank's for concern! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! this florida girl is cold just looking at this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank's! Well that day wasn't that cold. Much colder today when -1,4°F in 6,56 miles ;-) I dress myself in about 2-3 layers and when moving you keep warm. :-)

      Delete