Monday 4 February 2013

165 days left...

... to The Run this summer. I still can't say I feel nervous about it. A little thrilled maybe, but that's just alright. I'm no psychopath... ;-) Well, yes I've been running all my life but never 140 miles (225 km) in a row.

I don't think much of: Why I'm going to do this and if I'm going to manage the run... I more have thoughts about my running. When I'm out there running and how wonderful it would be. I long for the run I'll say. This is something friends and others don't understan. Always they will find negative things like: chafing, blisters, inflammations, etc. Perhaps that's one part keep me going for The Run. I'm full of confidence to start, run and finish it. I use to think of how nice it's going to be out there. Every single step!

There's only one bad feeling coming up sometimes and that's: What if I get injured? Guess there's just nothing I can do about that so normally I don't think of it as an option at all. Well, maybe strange thoughts but I want to write them down so I can read them a week before The Run.

Perhaps this is a little deep thoughts for some people but not for me. These thought's are there to strengthen me in my faith to myself!

I never will forget as long as I live when promise myself never stop running. I began my running journey when I was only eight years old. I was nine when doing 6,2 miles (10K) in 45 min, twelve when running 10 miles XC-races. A lot of my running was about do lower and lower times and it nearly was breaking me down but I learned to love the running so much I didn't care about times when doing races. I guess this feeling of happiness when running unforeseen took me back to my running. Today, forty years later, I still got that feeling of happiness when running.

Well, runners, this is mainly why I want to run around a lake. Just: Run for fun!

Me when twelve years old running a 10 mile XC-race :-)

Say hello and smile!

Easy, Light & Smooth!
/Flexirun

No comments:

Post a Comment