Monday 18 February 2013

151 days left...

... and today I have some rest. At least my legs and arms (run/XC-ski yesterday) do have some rest though :-) Instead I helped my daughter Julia to do some derivative math. Fun to help!

Today it began to snow again a little but it's not so cold which is good. No problem to breath when doing hard exercise. Sometimes it can be dangerous breathing really cold air. You might get asthma...

Yesterday me and Elton ran 8,33 miles and after every mile I just felt better and better. We ran mile 6 to 7 in 7:38 min and the last quarter of that mile was in 5-8 inches of snow! I was thrilled it went that quick.

Statement and a promise
If I stay healthy and not get injured I will run a 10K just for You friends, who's reading this adventure to my 140 mile run this summer. I will try to do the 10K under 40 min again...
I will promise, once again, for doubters that one can run fast even if not doing any quality exercises. Remark I'm  not saying that quality not is good. I'm only saying you might run quite fast with a lot of endurance training too.

Before winter (november I think) I did run 5 miles in 30 minutes. And that's just after about 4,5 month of 31-37 mi/week :-) I use to say: Easy, Light & Smooth and in fact there is a fourth word too. You might guess what it is by now! Yes, Fast!
I haven't been using that word for more than seven month, consciously. I also use to say: "If you want to run long? You need endurance and that is what you got when running a lot and rather far slowly. A lot of friends wonder what I'm doing when running like I do. Often and slow and sometimes long too. Well, they know about the Easy, Light & Smooth but not that I also get fast from this training. All I have to do is... just move my legs faster. I got the endurance that's needed for it. Run is fun!

Easy, Light & Smooth for 20 miles.

PS After 20th of July 2013 there will be a lot of pics and movies to put out on this blog. I also would be very happy if a lot of people will tweet and write comments on this blog to support me on my run... The Run!

Even if I sometimes not get a "Hello" and a "Smile" back... At least I said "Hello" and "Smiled". Next time perhaps they dare to answer :-) I'm happy!

Easy, Light & Smooth!
/Flexirun

No comments:

Post a Comment