Monday 17 December 2012

213 days left...

... and today I had a little recover. No run at all. Instead I went to town looking for an X-mas tree. Closed! Well, I'll fix it to morrow...

I am thinking of my lesson from my coach about my worst run ever and how I felt then. Well, not very easy for an positivist like me. Normally I forgot those quite fast. Have to think of that one a little bit more... Seems to be easier to remember the best run ever I guess. Let's see... Well, not a easy one ether! Is the best ever run been done yet? Or the worst...

I know how my coach meant. So far! My worst race ever was not a race I quit cause I've never quit a race. But I remember once a XC-trail called Lidingöloppet in Stockholm once... On the way to the race I sprained my right foot really bad. No ice so I have to wrap the foot very hard.
Two days later I was going to do my run. Got help from nurses to tape the foot so I only could move it up and down (like when running). They told me I was crazy but I told them the responsibility was min and I will quit if it hurts. It didn't hurt...
I was stupid cause after this race I couldn't run normally for 2,5 years (tendinitis). Here it comes, my worst run ever. I was going out to run about one month after the XC-race and only could run 50 m then it hurt like "f-word". As I said 2,5 years later I was ok again. Last two weeks I used a Aloe Vera cream. Amazing!
My feelings during those 2,5 years with bad runs almost killed me emotionally. Would I ever run again? Inside my head a voice said to me, over and over again: Never quit, find a way! Well, I did!

The best ever run I have done was my first Stockholm Marathon 1997. This marathon's finish line was on the same spot as the Olympic Games 1912. The stadium is still in use! During the race my feelings went more and more positive each mile (or km) and when I had about 400 m left and was about to enter the stadium I was so thrilled I can't tell. I was shaking and I even think I felt a tear. This was perhaps not a fear but something new for me. That I could be so emotionally of just... running! I think that feeling still hold me going for my runs even today.

This road may symbolize my runnings

Always smile when sad!

Easy, Light & Smooth
/Flexirun

No comments:

Post a Comment