Monday 3 December 2012

226 days to The Run...

... and I'm resting. How does that fit you might think. Well, to be a good runner you have to rest so your body can rebuild. Also I must say that to be a good runner, regardless the distance, you have to challenge yourself and run in the very pace of speed you want to run. It could be 10K in 60, 50, 40, 30 min. It doesn't matter cause the body needs to feel the suffer of pain sometimes. The most fantastic about the body here is that you can run very slow and get a lot of endurance. So much endurance that you might run faster than you ever thought was possible and it's ok. Just because of the extreme endurance you build/learn your body.

It starts to happening things now! After I went official with my140-mile running people contacts me about it and a little questions, once more, why. When I tell them it's about inspiring myself and mostly others to run they don't really understand what I mean. -You mean, You don't run to prove anything? or -You don't get any medal or money? Well, it's kind of cool to reply to them -No! I just do this for the experience and that I love to run. It's not about me! It's about inspiring others.

Well, how crazy it ever seems. That's more or less why I will run my 140 miles in about 1.5 days. Yes, I admit that I will check the watch and milage after 24 hours. If I don't others will...

Looking forward! Alone on the trail... :-)

Never forget to smile!

Easy, Light and Smooth!
/Flexirun

4 comments:

  1. I would like to wish you well with your project to run 140 miles in 1.5 days...I have joined you as your first follower....
    One of my projects for next year is cycling 10 countries in 10 days and if you're interested you will be able to check it out on my own blog pupletraveller.blogspot.co.uk...Who knows you might even become one of my followers....
    I look forward to reading more of your blog posts in the future....

    -Trevor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thank You so much friend! I'll try to do my best :-) Just fixed so I'm a member of Your blog :-)

      Delete
  2. I was thrilled when I finished my first 50K, can not imagine what it must feel like to run 140. Look forward to reading about it your experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tank You Lisa! Well I hav been out for 56 hours once. This is something totally new. Inspiring! Great of You to run 50 miles!! :-)

    ReplyDelete