Monday 10 December 2012

219 days left...

Today it is -4F (-20°C) and a bit chilly out there. I'm lucky to have my day of rest (mondays) when it's so cold. And I'm really try to rest when I have my day, or evening, off running. That's quite important!

As I said before my impulsion is to inspire and be inspired by others. Last summer, when running our half marathon between my little village and to the town Östersund, I had about 5-6 persons following me. Their personal goals was to go under 1:35 h and they all got nice heart rate monitors and watches. I don't use such kind of things myself. The asked me what time I was trying to do this year and I told them: -I don't know. Depend on what time You guys wanna do! I told them and smiled. Well, the told me their personal goals and I told them they could hang on my back and we would fix their goals.

We started and I set the pace 4:30 min/km and the guys asked me if I didn't have any watch. I said: No, it's in my body after 43 years of running. They got a little confused but continued to hang on. After about 2 km we had 9:02 min/km, 3 km in 13:30 etc. Then they started to talk to each other about the exactly pace I was holding. I just smiled and told them it's about experience guys.

All the way to the finish line we held the pace and crossed it in 1:34:25 h! Some of the guys ran very fast the last 100 m and cross the line before me. They were overwhelmed cause of the time but sad about beating me in the finish. I just smiled and said that I've already done my times and just run because of the joy. All of them did PB:s! :-)

You guys just made my day to the best!
You inspired me to use my experience to inspire You making PB:s
(Flexirun in shorts)

Don't ever give up and always smile!

Light, Easy and Smooth!
/Flexirun

No comments:

Post a Comment